Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Basic Guidelines I’ve Learned in Obtaining and Keeping ABs


Finding the right nutritional balance of protein,carbs, and fat. Personally I think a relativly low carb diet works the best. You have to experiment week to week to figure out what works best for your body.

Cardio - the combination of both HIIT (high intensity interval training) and sustained low intensity cardio every week. Also your going to have to experiment with this figuring out how much cardio you need on a weekly basis. For myself I do 20 minutes of HIIT directly after my weight training 3-4 times a week and I do low intensity 6 mile run/jog 2-3 times a week. Also I’ll throw in some jump roping but I really don’t count that towards my cardio. When doing any type of cardio try to be conscious of keeping your abs flat and tight.

Train abs frequently. You can train abs every day or every other day which is what I’ve been doing with all weighted exercises rep range 12-15. Make sure to target every area (upper,lower,oblique) When training all of your other muscle groups always make sure to keep your abs flat and tight

Eliminate weekend cheats/junk food until you reach your goal. This will do nothing but slow your progress down. I’m not saying to never cheat because it’s good for the metabolism every once in a while but if your in the habit of thinking the weekend is your time to eat whatever you want your setting yourself up for failure in more ways then one. If you think about it that’s only eatting healthy for 70 percent of the week so do you want to get only 70 percent results? Once you get your physique to the place you want it then one day a week for one meal prefferably early in the day have a cheat meal.

Alchol consumption needs to be either eliminated or kept to one night a week. This just as the junk food will do nothing but slow your progress and put a halt on your fat burning capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment